The queen of the table / Królowa stołu

Years ago I made a piece about the lettuce titled "The queen of the table". Now, although the piece is gone, the lettuce still rules. So I was very happy when, while reading Castelvetro's book, I found this shortest recipe for a good salad - well salted with a drop of vinegar and a lot of olive oil. And I liked this Italian rhyme so much that I decided to make a piece with it.
Kilka lat temu uszyłam pracę pod tym tytułem z sałatą w roli głównej. Dzisiaj, choć tej pracy już nie mam, sałata nadal rządzi. Dlatego bardzo się ucieszyłam kiedy, czytając Castelvetro, znalazłam ten najkrótszy przepis na dobrą sałatę - dużo soli, kropla octu i dużo oliwy. A włoska wersja tego przepisu zachwyciła mnie do tego stopnia, że postanowiłam użyć jej w sałatowej makatce.
I don't know if you are familiar with They Draw and Cook project, but I loooove it. So I decided to give it a try and to make a piece suitable for their site. And... it worked!
Nie wiem, czy znacie takie przedsięwzięcie jak They Draw and Cook, ale ja je uwielbiam. Dlatego postanowiłam spróbować i uszyć taką makatkę, która spełniałaby ich warunki. I... udało się!
So today is my big day - go and see me on They Draw and Cook!
And the my "star" is hanging proudly in the kitchen :)
Tak więc dzisiaj jest mój wielki dzień - idźcie zobaczyć mnie na They Draw and Cook!
A moja "gwiazda" wisi sobie dumnie w kuchni :)

Comments

Abz said…
Very talented! love the "font" you did...! ;)
Gilding Lilies said…
I found you through They Draw and Cook. I love this piece, it's wonderful! I'm a big fan (and contributor) of They Draw..., you just never know what you might discover, such as your lovely work.
Tutaj też pogratuluję - piękna, a przepis boski:D
Gilding Lilies said…
Thanks for coming to visit my blog too!
Karen said…
Good for you!!!!! How wonderful!!!!
monotema said…
Szukać natchnienia w kuchni i to tak skutecznie? Na to bym nie wpadła.
Bo said…
kolejna swietna praca
a tamtej stronki nie znalam, dzieki
Dzięki!

A co do kuchni, toż to centrum wszystkiego :) Chwila zadumy nad kalafiorem i już całe życie poukładane :)
KitchenKiki said…
I found your site through They Draw & They Cook. I am blown away by the detail & intricacy of your work. You are combining food & art 2 of my most favorite things!
Thank you! I'm really happy when people like what I'm doing.
monotema said…
Z kalafiorem to masz rację, u Truscaveczki na blogu o pichceniu sama poezja. "Kalafior niechlujnie rozdrobnić", że pozwolę sobie zacytować :D:D:D
Gorgeous! Glad you liked the Castelvetro book, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen