Poet in the kitchen / Poetka w kuchni

 So here is the kitchen. And here is the poem, "Receipe for the cabbage" by Dorota Kiersztejn Pakulska, contemporary Polish poet:
Oto kuchnia. I oto wiersz, "Przepis na kapustę" Doroty Kiersztejn Pakulskiej, naszej współczesnej poetki:

Receipe for the cabbage

I am a poet
In the kitchen
Among the dirty plates
In a dress made out of white roses

The answers to ancient questions
About the nature of all things
climb on me like an ivy

I have always known them
I brought them to this world
For poems
I have never had enough time

While standing in the queue lines for meat
I saw careless clouds
Through the dirty square of the window
They were flying
I was staying

Words  keep sitting  down on my shoulders
Like tamed  birds
Naggling: write write write!

Describe this shining
This streak of light
Stopping  the time
The only in its kind

Between the passion
And annihilation instinct

Betweem Eros and Thanatos

This selflessness of being

I don’t have a time
I have to cook
All my life at the stove

Today it’s a cabbage

 Instead of metaphors
I’m ripping off the leaves
Getting to the point

Pressing down with the pot top
Adding pepper in handfuls
Stirring
To the last breath

And instead of a new poem
I serve a cabbage
Spiced up with hemlock and tears

Przepis na kapustę             

To ja poetka
W kuchni
Wśród brudnych talerzy
W sukni z białych róż

Odpowiedzi na pytania odwieczne  
O naturę wszechrzeczy
Obrastają mnie jak bluszcz

Zawsze je znałam
Przyniosłam ze sobą na świat
Na wiersze
Wciąż brakowało mi czasu

Stojąc w kolejkach po mięso
Widziałam beztroskie obłoki
W brudnym kwadracie okna
One frunęły
Ja stałam w miejscu

Słowa siadają mi na ramieniu
Jak oswojone sikorki
Ponaglają: pisz pisz pisz !

Opisz to olśnienie
Tę smugę światła
Zatrzymanie się w czasie
Jedyne w swoim rodzaju

Pomiędzy namiętnością
A instynktem zagłady

Erosem a Thanatosem

Tę bezinteresowność istnienia

Nie mam czasu
Muszę gotować
Całe życie przy kuchni

Dzisiaj kapustę

Zamiast metafor
Odrywam liście
Dobieram się do sedna

przyciskam w garnku pokrywką
Dodaję pieprzu całymi garściami
Mieszam
do utraty sił

I zamiast nowego wiersza
Podaję bigos
Zaprawiony łzami i cykutą    






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen