November not so gray / Nie taki listopad szary

You see? Looks like a new addiction - Medieval bags :) Yes, I made another one and have been thinking about the next. Especially after reactions of people who saw them live, not only on etsy.
Widzicie? Nowe uzależnienie - średniowieczne torby :) Tak, zrobiłam kolejną i myślę o następnych. Zwłaszcza po reakcjach ludzi, którzy widzieli je na żywo, a nie tylko na etsy.
Of course when we talk "etsy" we think - pictures. Didn't find a good way to photograph them yet. But hey, I'm going step by step, right? Especially when other tasks keep me busy. And no, I'm not talking about the gray thing. There are some changes but I had to stop again:
Oczywiście jak mówimy "etsy" to myślimy - zdjęcia. Nie wpadłam jeszcze na pomysł, jak je fajnie sfotografować. Ale zaraz, zaraz - krok po kroczku, prawda? Zwłaszcza jak inne sprawy wzywają. I nie, nie mówię tu o dużym szarym. Trochę się tam sprawy posunęły, ale znowu się zatrzymałam:
now it looks like this and waits for some spare moment:
teraz wygląda tak i czeka na wolną chwilę:
It is hard not to work on it, because it really brightens my day. But I had a commission to do and it wasn't dark too :)
Trudno mi się od tego oderwać, bo naprawdę wprowadza dużo blasku w te szare dni. Ale miałam zamówienie i ono też było całkiem słoneczne :)
One of my nice customers, who bought one of my cards with initials, had this great idea to order more cards to make Christmas. I liked this idea too because that's exactly what I do with this sort of cards - I frame them and give to my friends. It makes lovely, personal gift. So as you can see above I started with dyeing some fabric for background. Then I quilted the background, cut and made a "fabric" for letters:
Pewna miła klientka, która kupiła ode mnie kartkę z inicjałem, wpadła na świetny pomysł, żeby zamówić więcej takich kartek na prezenty świąteczne. Bardzo mnie to ucieszyło, bo to jest dokładnie to co ja robię z takimi kartkami - oprawiam i daję przyjaciołom. To miły i "osobisty" prezent. Tak więc jak widzicie powyżej zaczęłam od ufarbowania tkaniny na tło. Potem ją przepikowałam i przygotowałam sobie "tkaninę" na literki:
Then the real fun started - cutting letters, appliqueing them and adding some decoration :)
A potem to już sama przyjemność - wycinanie literek, naszywanie i ozdabianie :)
Unfortunately the day I was sending them was totally cloudy so the last picture is rather gray. But the most important is that they arrived safely and the recipient likes them. That's what makes us happy, thank you, Maggie!
Niestety, pogoda w dzień wysyłki była wyjątkowo pochmurna, więc ostatnie zdjęcie całkiem szare. Ale najwazniejsze, że kartki szczęśliwie doleciały i klientce się spodobały. A to lubimy najbardziej, dzięki Maggie!

Comments

The quilted letters are wonderful and the bright yellow leaves have really lifted the 'grey thing', which will also be wonderful when it's finished!
Katie said…
I love the little people for the bags! So cute!
Eliza/Tuome said…
piękności - wszystko :)
FiliGrace said…
I love these medieval bags. What a surprise, right? ;-) Good luck with photos!
The letters cards are indeed great idea for Christmas gifts. And I enjoyed the progress photos a lot!
craft by Maryla said…
PIękne prace,ta szara zapowiada sie cudnie!
ArtGlassGreen said…
pięknie tu u Ciebie
pozdrawiam i zapraszam do siebie
artglassgreen.blogspot.com
verrevert.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen