Heading to Autumn / Ku jesieni

Summer is finished and it was a good one, wasn't it? Warm, sunny and so rich with colors and tastes. I had to capture its fading away:
Lato się skończyło, a piękne było wyjątkowo, prawda? Ciepłe, słoneczne i takie bogate w kolory i smaki. Bardzo chciałam uchwycić ten  moment jego powlnego rozpływania się:
I wanted to make a small, frame-able piece just to say "good bye!" to Summer. But it turned a bit bigger (32 x 44 cm) so I better add a hanging sleeve on the back because it is big enough to hang on the wall on its own. It will be available for sale as soon as I add this sleeve - which means it may take ages :)
As we are heading to Autumn it is time for some changes in the wardrobe, right?
To miała być taka mała "oprawialna" praca, takie "pa, pa!" dla lata. A wyszła ciut większa (32 x 44 cm) i chyba powinnam przyszyć z tyłu tunel do samodzielnego wiszenia. Więc praca będzie na sprzedaż jak tylko ten tunel - w praktyce może oznaczać to wieki :)
Zmiana sezonów oznacza zazwyczaj także duże zmiany w szafie, prawda?
You may remember my previous artwork in the dress form (if not - it is HERE). This year I was contacted by The Woven Tale Press to be included in their September issue. And this inspired me to start a new serie of small home ornaments in the dress forms. It is the first one but more will follow. And the magazine is online and free, waiting for you to read HERE.
Może pamiętacie moją poprzednią tkaninę w formie sukienki (jeśli nie pmiętacie to jest TUTAJ). W tym roku skontaktował się ze mną magazun The Woven Tale Press, żeby umieścić ją we wrześniowym numerze. I to mnie zainspirowało to stworzenia nowej serii takich małych dekoracyjnych ornamentów w formie sukieneczek. To pierwsza z nich, i będzie więcej. A magazyn jest dostępny online, za darmo TUTAJ.
The Summer was fruitful - I used beautiful weather for long hours of hand sewing and finally finished this poor Pomegranate Tree, started so long ago...
Lato było owocne - wykorzystałam piękną pogodę na długie godziny ręcznego szycia i udało mi się wreszcie skończyć moje biedne (bo zaczęte tak dawno) Granatowe Drzewo...
And, as it happens frequently here, there was a side effect of playing with pomegranates for a long time - a new food art piece for my "kitchen landscapes" :)
I, jak to często tu bywa, długie obcowanie z granatami ma swój efekt uboczny - nowe dodatek do moich "kuchennych pejzaży" :)
But the beginning of Autumn brings new temptations...
Ale z początkiem jesieni pojawiają się nowe pokusy...
So I hope it will be same beautiful as Summer. If not - there's always some textile art to make it prettier :)
Także mam nadzieję, że jesień będzie równie piękna jak lato. A jeśli nie - zawsze można sobie pomóc jakąś tkaninką :)

Comments

Jackie PN said…
OHgosh Bozena! Your quilts, needlework, stitching...fabulous!! I am amazed every time I see new pieces that you have created!!!
And that dress!)yes, I know it is really a quilt0 I want one! I would so wear that- Fabulous my friend!! You should be designing clothing in NYC or Paris or London!! Any fashion capital!! xoxo
Me too, I'm amazed ..your work is unique , it deserves to be in a Museum, honestly, a big creativity you have, in the world of quilters you are the only one ! looks like arrows of love ..but it is !!! Every time I see a new Bozena's work I fall in love.
Ruminianka said…
Prace są przepiękne i te dobrane kolory,a granat jest tak wspaniały jak naturalny.serdecznie pozdrawiam ruminianka
Debbie said…
As always I am amazed at what you can do with a needle or two, Bozena! I agree with everyone that your work is stunning in all its exquisite detail, very unique, and and worthy of being displayed in an art gallery or museum.
Oh girls, you know how to pump my ego :) Thank you for all your kind words!!!

Dzięki, dzięki!!!!
Made by AJ said…
Przepiękne prace! Cieszę sie ze tu trafiłam!
dosankodebbie said…
Absolutely awesome work. The detail is stunning and so are the colors you choose.
Co tu dużo gadać. piękne,piękne,piękne!!
Cathy Daniel said…
All so so beautiful as usual! Funny how we have a need to work with the seasons - I'm already thinking in browns and ochres and reds. That dress is stunning! xCathy

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen