Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Nasturtium Day / Dzień Nasturcji

With the amount of light available right now thanks to the beautiful summer weather, it feels much better to create and sew than to blog about it. But as I saw a nice picture of someone's nasturtium this morning, I decided to make it Nasturtium Day and share one of my latest accomplishments :)
Mając do dyspozycji taką ilość światła jakiej wspaniałomyślnie dostarcza nam tegoroczne lato, postanowiłam wykorzystywać ją raczej na tworzenie i szycie niż pisanie o tym. Ale dziś rano zobaczyłam gdzieś śliczne zdjęcie nasturcji i pomyślałam sobie, że skoro to Dzień Nasturcji to może pokażę swoją :)
This project was waiting for some years now. I hand dyed the background fabric and it told me it wants to be nasturtium's foliage. I said "no problem" and put it aside for the proper moment to come. It came this year.
Pomysł cukrował się kilka ładnych lat. Kiedyś ufarbowałam kawałek tkaniny i rezultat okazał się idealny na liście nasturcji. Odłożyłam do przegródki "nasturcje" i czekałam na właściwy moment. W tym roku nadszedł.
 Just as I finished the flowers' part it turned out that it needs some frame. Now I suspect that much more work was put into frame than into flowers :) But I like the final result and I think it was worth to wait for this "proper time" - working on it was a pure pleasure despite the mass of handwork included.
Gdy tylko uporałam się z częścią kwiatową, okazało się, że potrzebna jest ramka. Z perspektywy widzę, że ramka zajęła mi znacznie więcej czasu i energii niż same kwiaty :) Na szczęście z efektu końcowego jestem zadowolona. I myślę, że warto było poczekać na ten "właściwy moment" - pomysły same się nasuwały, a cały proces szycia, mimo, że dość żmudny, był jednocześnie szalenie przyjemny.
The whole piece is almost square 18 x 17 in. And here are some other views of the frame:
Gotowy obrazek to prawie kwadrat 45 x 42 cm. A tu jeszcze trochę widoków ramki:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+