Modern Medieval strawberry mosaic / Średniowieczna truskawka dziś

As the strawberry season just started I had to make one too. It came directly from Medieval herbarium:
Skoro właśnie weszliśmy w sezon truskawkowy to trzeba było jakąś uszyć. Ta jest wzięta wprost ze średniowiecznego zielnika:
And what I wrote with my stitches is same difficult to read as Medieval Latin, right?
I to co napisałam ściegami jest równie trudne do odczytania jak średniowieczna łacina, prawda?
You also should know about new direction my prints took on - just look what I made out of this small textile artwork:
Chciałabym Wam przy okazji pokazać zupełnie nowy kierunek w moich drukach - zobaczcie, co zrobiłam na podstawie tej małej truskaweczki:
Two different prints, both based on the same elements from my textile piece. I'm still making reproductions of my artworks but now I'm able to squeeze much more fun out of them.
Dwa, zupełnie różne druki oparte na tych samych elementach z oryginału. Nadal będę robiła drukowane reprodukcje swoich prac, ale teraz mogę wycisnąć z nich jeszcze więcej.

It's totally different kind of work but very inspirational. Not only it allows me to analyze all the small elements involved in the original artwork but also gives new ideas for... more textile pieces. Perpetuum mobile :)
To zupełnie inny charakter pracy, ale jakże inspirujący. Nie tylko pozwala mi dokładnie zanalizować najmniejsze elementy oryginału, ale także podsuwa nowe pomysły na... kolejne szyte prace. Perpetuum mobile :)

Comments

Debbie said…
Love the rich colors and textures!
Laura T said…
The simplicity captures the feeling of the moment. Love it!
Laura
Sue McQ said…
Strawberries are here in the Midwest USA, too. Since I collect strawberry pincushions, this piece is "berry" much appreciated! Blessings!
cOto.patchwork said…
Mniam! Jaka apetyczna truskaweczka!
I jak elegancko kaligrafujesz średniowieczna łacinę na patchworku!!! Jestem pod ogromnym wrażeniem. Bardzo mi się to podoba.
Cathy Daniel said…
I can read what your red stitches say! They say "just look at this wonderful, gorgeous, textile art!" It is lovely, as ever, and great to see the original inspiration! xCathy
Jackie PN said…
Bozena,
my friend,as always I am enthralled by your artwork! Your stitching here,just pulled me in and I had to pour over it a few times! Love love love the colors of this piece-so very warm!
hugs,Jackie
pasja said…
Piękna praca :) truskaweczka apetyczna :)
Truskawki to zdecydowanie moje ulubione owoce :)
Cudeńka tworzysz. Piękne, bardzo piękne.

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen